19.11.11

Turkey Time

I know I am not the only one who has a new addiction to Pinterest. There are so many wonderful ideas being shared, spurring inspiration for new projects. I created a special board for my little man, and with the Thanksgiving holiday just around the corner, here is the latest creation for him (inspired by a pin, of course).

Googley-Eyed Turkey Onesie
When I saw a similar product on Pinterest, it immediately caught my eye. I made a few tweaks so I wouldn't have to sew, and I added googley eyes to give it a little personality.

Front
Back





















Materials Needed:

  • Brown onesie
  • Blue, green, orange and red fabric (I used bandanas)
  • Large googley eyes
  • Scissors
  • Hot glue
  • Patch Attach (if you're not sewing)
  • Iron
  • Bronze fabric paint and brush
Instructions:
  1. First, wash and dry all fabric, including the onesie. Iron them once dry, if needed.
  2. Draw a feather the appropriate size for your onesie on paper. Cut it out to trace onto your fabric.
  3. Trace and cut out a feather from each color of fabric. Then cut out a triangle for the beak in orange and a wattle in red.
  4. Since I wasn't sewing or finishing the edges, I actually frayed the edges of my fabric to make it look a bit distressed.
  5. Apply Patch Attach around the edges of the back of your fabric pieces and allow to dry for 15-30 minutes.
  6. Heat up your iron on the cotton setting. Place your fabric pieces on your onesie and use the iron to press them on. Try not to scorch the fabric and simply press until the Patch Attach is clear and the fabric is adhered.
  7. Use hot glue to adhere the googley eyes to the front of the onesie.
  8. If desired, use a small paint brush to detail the feathers on the back of the onesie with the bronze fabric paint. Allow to dry for an hour or so.
That's all! To be honest, I haven't attempted to run the onesie through the washing machine since it's been complete; however, I just plan to hand wash it as needed. Our little sugar bear will only wear it a few times, at most, anyhow. 

Best of luck on your next Pinterest-inspired creation!

1 comment:

  1. So when are you going to start posting again? I have been on the edge of my seat checking daily for new postings, but nothing for almost three months now. Enough already, I want to read more posts about creative baby onesies, recipes, and PR stuff! Post ideas- "How to make your husband steak and potatoes for every meal", or "How to work three jobs so your husband can drive a Ferrari". Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete