6.11.11

My First is Five


Today, my first baby turns five years old. In early January 2007, a coworker shared photos of a bundle of new puppies looking for homes. After some thought (probably not enough), I decided to check them out and ended up  bringing home an adorable boxer mix, who I named Penny.

The name Penny came from a song my Granny used to sing to me Pennies from Heaven. The song always brought me joy, much like I saw my new furry friend bringing. My then boyfriend (now husband) swore I was nuts for getting her, but I set out to prove him wrong.

Five years, numerous home damages, several nights of cuddling, many brisk walks and uncountable licks later, Penny is as much a part of our family as any other member. She and my husband are inseparable, and our seven-month-old sugar bear can't get enough of her.

Happy birthday, Penny Poo Poo! We love you very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment